Get an EXTRA 50% Off of Sale Items || no code needed || Ends Sunday 4/21

BEFORE THE FIRST BURN

TRIM YOUR WICK

Before lighting your candle, always trim the wick to 1/4 inch to ensure optimal burning performance. Trimming the wick helps prevent the flame from becoming too large and ensures a clean, even burn. Long or crooked wicks can lead to uneven burning, dripping, and smoking.

LET IT BURN

When you first light your candle, allow it to burn for approximately 3-4 hours or until the entire surface has melted evenly. This initial burn is crucial as it prevents tunneling, a common issue where the candle only burns down the center, leaving wax along the edges. Avoid burning your candle for more than 3-4 hours at a time and allow it to cool for at least 2 hours before relighting to extend its lifespan.

KEEP IT OUT OF DRAFTS

Place your candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface away from drafts. Drafts can cause uneven burning and make the flame flicker, impacting the candle's performance. Keep your candle away from windows, open doors, or vents that may cause air to circulate and affect the flame's stability.

MORE CANDLE CARE TIPS

  • when lighting it is recommended that you use long matches or a long reach lighter. be sure to keep loose clothing and your hair away from the flame.

  • never leave a candle unattended

  • never burn a candle near anything that can catch fire such as drapes, furniture, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decor etc.

  • keep the wax pool clear of debris at all times.
  • keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.

  • never touch or move a candle while it is burning or while the wax is liquified.

  • discontinue burning a candle when 1/2 inch of the wax remains in the vessel.

  • extinguish a candle when the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. if this happens, let the candle cool, trim the wick and double check for unwanted drafts before relighting.

  • never use a candle as a night light while going to sleep.

  • be careful if using a candle during a power outage. flameless candles, flashlights and other battery powered lighting is a safer source of light during a power outage.

  • use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. this helps to prevent hot wax from splattering

  • never use water to extinguish a candle. Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and can potentially break the glass container.

  • make sure the candle is completely out and that the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.

  • don’t touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled

  • never use a sharp object such as a knife to remove wax drippings from a glass vessel. it could scratch and weaken the vessel causing the glass to break upon subsequent use.